Saturday, November 29, 2014

AHHHHHHH I'm getting transferred!

AHHHHHHH I'm getting transferred! 

This better be the last transfer of my mission, as much as I love to pack everything up and totally uproot my life its getting to be a bit much. I'm excited for the new adventure and what lies ahead! I just have this weird feeling in my heart that I haven't done everything that I'm supposed to do in this area.... I'm missing something but I have no idea what that would be.... God knows best right? So I'll go where He sends me and find those people who I'm meant to serve. I have a feeling I'll be going to Mesa. But who the heck knows. I'll let you know next week! It will be sad to leave my companion tho. We've really gotten along well and I have a feeling I might sink back into running only a mile because my personal trainer won't be there to push me.... But she's also taught me a lot and I'm very glad that we got to spend this last transfer together!!! :)

So this past week was really fun! On Saturday we got to help out at The Gilbert Days Marathon and it totally got me pumped to run that 1/2 marathon next year dad! We were able to do this because the church is starting a new program called "Just Serve" and this gives missionaries more of an opportunity to help out in the Community. So 100 missionaries were there on Saturday volunteering and cleaning up after the runners. It was awesome and I got to see two families from my previous area! On our way back from the starting line we really needed to take a bathroom break so we headed into a gas station, little did we know that we had walked into a Wine Seller Gas Station. Two rows of normal food and the rest of the stuff was alcohol....  I didn't even know that those kind of places existed..... so yeah. That was just a tad awkward. Here's a picture...  

But overall it was an awesome day! And a lot of people mentioned that we were the happiest volunteers they had ever seen at a Marathon. So that was a really positive experience!


Also I had to say Goodbye to my beloved trainer this week. She heads home tomorrow and Im going to miss her dearly! LOVE HER!
We saw Gertie this week and she's awesome but she's getting very sick... I guess that's what happens when you're 78 years old. And Nadine is AMAZING! She's in 2 Nephi now and her testimony gets stronger and stronger everyday! I hope that I don't get transferred too far so that I can come to her baptism next month.

There's not much else. But next week's email will be great! Here goes Transfer # 10!It's going to be a great one!!! :)

All my love,

Sister Raubenheimer

No comments:

Post a Comment