Saturday, December 13, 2014

He is the Gift

Hey there family and friends and anyone else who chooses to read my cheesy emails,
How are you doing this Christmas season?

I hope that the lights and Christmas trees make your soul as happy as it makes mine. This afternoon we get to help a lady put up Christmas lights. We're cutting our Pday short to do service but it's worth it, since its CHRISTMAS!

Well I'm not really sure what to tell you about. This week was pretty uneventful except for the fact that everyone wants to talk about Jesus right now. All we have to say is, "Hey, we've been sharing a two minute video about the true meaning of Christmas with everyone, could we show that to you quickly." And people say YES! Everyone has time for Jesus during Christmas! And it also helps that we carry around our little portable DVD players so when we see people at the park they don't have any excuses about not having a internet on their phones. This week we were able to have 23 teaching opportunities. That's the most I've taught my whole mission! God truly blessed us this week and now we've just got to keep it up! Working hard and talking to everyone you see is the only way that God can bless missionaries. The only disappointing part of the week was that we weren't able to find any new investigators from all those people we shared "He is the Gift" with. So this week we're focusing on finding new investigators!!!

Sister Barlow has only been out for 4 months now, so she tends to get really stressed out about little things. I try to keep the mood light by being funny and end up making a fool of myself but it doesn't really matter since everyone already thinks missionaries are weird. If I sing Jingle Bells at the top of my lungs in the middle of the street, who is actually going to care? No one. Besides the members. And there's a lot of them around here!

Okay, funny experiences. So! We were street contacting this man and we talk to him about his day and what he's been up to then we comment on his Christmas lights and ask him what his favorite part of Christmas is... he says  I don't believe in Christmas or Christ... Well I have no idea what to say to that. SO I say okay, well have a great day! As we're biking away I turn to Sister Barlow saying "why does he have Christmas lights then? What is he celebrating if he isn't celebrating the Savior's birth? Shopping? Spending money!?" We both burst out into fits of laughter. I don't really know why it was so hilarious but it was! Then the 2nd funny experience. Last night we were at a LA's home and the little boy told us his stomach hurt. No one really thought anything about it and we kept talking. After we share the message, he tells us he wants to show us his hotdog...
(what he meant to say was helicopter) so he runs upstairs, grabs his helicopter and brings it back down. Well.... he opens his mouth to talk and he projectile vomits all over my boots... all over!!!!!!! Then my boots were covered in those hot dogs. GROSS! We quickly decide that it's our time to exit and make our way to the door. And then we hear him throw up again..... at this point Im ready to barf because I can still smell his dinner all over my feet.
Anyways, after we got home we cleaned up and we took airbourne, so hopefully neither of us get sick!!!

Well that's it for now!
Sorry, I don't have any pictures from this week but I'll have some next week. We're going to the Mesa Temple Christmas lights tomorrow! And Elder Packer's son (Elder Packer, who is in the 70) will be touring our mission this week! Should be great!
I hope everyone has a great week!
MERRY CHISTMAS!
Remember to think about the Gifts that Christ has given you this year!
ALL MY LOVE,
Sister Raubie

No comments:

Post a Comment